本文发表在 rolia.net/zh 相约加拿大网上社区枫下论坛
Nothing is funnier than the truth:
1. Only in America...can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
2. Only in America...are there handicap-parking places in front of a
3. Only in America...do drugstores make the sick walk to the back of the
store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
4. Only in America...do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet drink.
5. Only in America...do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.
6. Only in America...do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the
driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.
7. Only in America...do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.
8. Only in America...do we buy hot dogs in packages of 10 and buns in
packages of 8.
9. Only in America...do we use the word "politics" to describe the process
so well: "Poli" in Latin meaning "many" and "tics" meaning "bloodsucking creatures".
10. Only in America...do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.
11. Only in America...can a homeless combat veteran live in a cardboard box and a draft dodger live in the White House.
更多精彩文章及讨论，请光临枫下论坛. 网址: rolia.net/zh