＜本文发表于: 相约加拿大:枫下论坛 www.rolia.net/f ＞
1. why are you using “chinamen” all the time? Is ‘–ese’ (like Chinese or Vietnamese) have a negative implication?
2. Disagree...when you use crap to describe “300 Tang poems”. It’s understandable that they may not make much sense to you as you are grown up in a Chinese Diaspora...however...most of them are the soul of Chinese classic literature...
3. Agree with you...the family, education etc matter a lot to formulate the ethnicity of a person...and you must have read a lot compared to other CBCs.
4. A simple question: do you identify yourself Chinese or Canadian?
5. In your case, I guess the affiliation or attachment to a Chinese culture was imposed first by your family...and now you may consider it part of you...and maybe something primordial (?)...If you could choose, do you still want to be what you are or just like some other CBCs who barely talk Chinese or even consider themselves no any affiliation with the Chinese culture...
6. What is that ‘jack’...you got my ignorance...
7. Do you feel the Canadian society (no matter how multicultural it claims) is seeing the second or third generations as Canadians?
Good to talk to you and forgive my blunt questions...I really find you...'an interesting subject’:)...to pursue/study...＜本文发表于: 相约加拿大:枫下论坛 www.rolia.net/f ＞