＜本文发表于: 相约加拿大:枫下论坛 www.rolia.net/f ＞
1) On one side of Canada's official coat of arms is a lion. What animal is on the other side?
Answer: d) Unicorn
2) The largest island in Canada, at 507,451 sq. km, is:
d) Prince Edward Island
Answer: a) Baffin
3) Which city is located at the highest elevation above sea level?
Answer: d) Calgary
4) The most powerful earthquake recorded in Canada, 8.1 on the Richter scale in 1949, occurred where?
a) Baffin Bay
c) Queen Charlotte Islands
d) Northern Quebec
Answer: c) Queen Charlotte Islands
5) What is the largest lake located wholly in Canada (at 30,764 sq. km)?
a) Great Slave Lake (NWT)
b) Lake Winnipeg (Man.)
c) Lake Athabasca (Sask.)
d) Great Bear Lake (NWT)
Answer: d) Great Bear Lake (NWT)
6) You can't get any further east than this place in Canada:
a) St. John's, Nfld.
b) Cape Spear, Nfld.
c) Francis Harbour, Nfld.
d) Bonavista, Nfld.
Answer: b) Cape Spear, Nfld.
7) How many of the world's 24 time zones are in Canada?
Answer: b) 6
8) Canadian peacekeepers have served in war scarred countries around the world for over 50 years. In which country did our peacekeepers first serve?
Answer: b) Egypt
9) The RCMP is an agency of which federal government ministry?
c) Solicitor General
d) National Defence
Answer: c) Solicitor General
10) Which Canadian city has the most hours of sunshine in summer on average (1,037):
a) Yellowknife, NT
b) St. John's, Nfld.
Answer: a) Yellowknife, NT
11) Which city is the highest above sea level (1,128 metres)?
a) Kimberley, B.C.
b) Churchill, Man.
c) Dawson, Yukon
d) Lethbridge, Alta.
Answer: a) Kimberley, B.C.
12) The Canadian west coast is home to the tallest and longest living tree in Canada, known in Latin as Pseudotsuga menziesii, and more commonly known as...
b) Douglas Fir
c) giant sequoia
d) white pine
Answer: b) Douglas Fir
13) The most recently active volcanoes in Canada are located in:
a) British Columbia
Answer: a) British Columbia
14) Canada's longest bridge (12.9 km) is:
a) Jacques Cartier Bridge (Que.)
b) Confederation Bridge (PEI-N.B.)
c) Lion's Gate Bridge (B.C.)
d) Rainbow Bridge (Ont.)
Answer: b) Confederation Bridge (PEI-N.B＜本文发表于: 相约加拿大:枫下论坛 www.rolia.net/f ＞