本文发表在 rolia.net/zh 相约加拿大网上社区枫下论坛
Canada Day celebrations abound in Lower Mainland
The Vancouver Sun
Lower Mainland residents who want to kick-up their heels and celebrate Canada Day have plenty of events to choose from.
From watching fireworks at Canada Place to line-dancing with your dog at Kerrisdale Seniors Centre, Canada's 134th birthday party promises something for everyone.
Here are some Canada Day events to check out around the Lower Mainland:
- In Vancouver, a downtown street festival featuring non-stop jazz and street performers, an air show and a food festival will be held just west of the Canada Convention and Exhibition Centre (near Canada Place). It will run from 10:30 a.m. until the 30-minute Canada Place fireworks display ends at 11 p.m.
- Hastings Park Community Centre will officially open its new water park, with entertainment, food and music from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday.
- Kerrisdale Seniors Centre -- 5851 West Boulevard -- will have an official flag-raising ceremony, singing of the anthem, a tai chi demonstration, line dancing with your dog, the Kerrisdale Pearlies and cake. The event runs from noon to 3 p.m. Sunday.
- Richmond's annual Salmon Festival in Richmond starts with a parade at 10 a.m. Sunday at the Steveston Community Centre and Community Park. At Richmond's Garry Point Park, the Bull Head Derby will feature a chowder contest, a flower and garden show, and a salmon barbecue.
- Beginning at 10 a.m. today and Sunday, Langley Airport will host flying displays, a children's midway, family-style picnic races, continuous main stage entertainment, a children's stage, a petting zoo, aircraft, helicopter and balloon rides, a race between a helicopter and a car, food and pyrotechnic displays, the Captain Canada Helicopter and Ground Pyrotechnic Display at 10 p.m. Saturday, and a grand finale fireworks display at 11 p.m. Sunday.
- The East Burnaby Children's Festival on Sunday at Richmond Park is a day of games, bingo, entertainment, and arts and crafts. There will be a barbeque and a birthday cake. The event begins at 11 a.m. and runs until 2:30 p.m. Admission is free.
- The North Shore Canada Day Parade starts at 10 a.m at 13th and Grand Boulevard, then travels west to Lonsdale, north to 17th Street, then west on 17th to Mahon Park. The celebration continues at Waterfront Park with the North Vancouver Arts Council Craft Fair.
- Strathcona Community Centre, Maclean Park at Heatley and Hawkes, promises family fun from 10 a.m. to noon Sunday.
-The Maple Ridge Multicultural Canada Day celebration will be held from 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday in front of city hall, near the Horse Clock on Dewdney Trunk Road. A traditional flag-raising ceremony will begin at noon, and will be followed by a day of entertainment, multicultural food vendors, the Kid's Zone, and a craft market.
- Pitt Meadows' Canada Day festivities will be held at the cenotaph. Prizes will be awarded for the best Canadian costume. This year's event includes a seven-kilometre run/walk starting at 8 a.m.
更多精彩文章及讨论，请光临枫下论坛. 网址: rolia.net/zh