Eligibility for Loans

guest ()
本文发表在 rolia.net/zh 相约加拿大网上社区枫下论坛
Eligibility for Loans

Eligibility requirements
To apply for assistance through OSAP, you must meet the following requirements:

You must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada (landed immigrant). Those studying under a student visa are not eligible for OSAP.

You must meet one of the following criteria to meet OSAP's Ontario residency requirements:
You have always lived in Ontario.
You have lived in Ontario for 12 consecutive months immediately before the start of your most recent period of full-time postsecondary studies.
In certain circumstances, you can meet OSAP's Ontario residency requirements on the basis of the residency of your partner (if applicable) or parent(s)(if applicable). You must fill out the OSAP application to determine whether your residency can be based on htat of your partner or parent(s).

You must be enrolled or planning to enroll in an approved postsecondary institution. You can find out if an institution is approved for OSAP by using School Search.

You must be enrolled or planning to enroll in an approved program. Most programs offered by Ontario universities and colleges of applied arts and technology are approved for OSAP assistance. If you are not sure whether the program you wish to take is approved, contact the financial aid office at your institution. If you are planning to go to school outside Ontario, contact the ministry.

You must be taking at least 60 per cent of a full course load, or 40 per cent if you are a student with a permanent disability. No averaging of course loads is permitted. For example, if you take 80 per cent of a full course load in your first term and 40 per cent in your second term, the couse load cannot be averaged to equal 60 per cent to meet the minimum course load requirement. In this case, you would not be eligible for assistance for the second term.

You must be taking a program that is 12 or more weeks in length.
Any of your previous student loans must be in good standing (i.e., you must not have defaulted on a student loan).

You must maintain satisfactory academic progress. Contact your financial aid office for details.

You have passed the OSAP credit check.
更多精彩文章及讨论,请光临枫下论坛. 网址: rolia.net/zh
2001-7-9 -04:00
This post has been archived. It cannot be replied.
Page address has been copied. To share, click to copy page address.
Share Online by QR Code

Back To Topic: 要上学了, 但是真是不知怎样去申请两种学生贷款??听说如不到一年是没有的, 存款四千块以上也没有,可移民身份又要求要带够钱,过来人有何好法子吗?给妹妹指点一下吧!!!谢谢了!!!

Back To Forum: HOME枫下论坛枫下论坛主坛枫下沙龙谈天说地