＜本文发表于: 相约加拿大:枫下论坛 www.rolia.net/f ＞
Some English words have quite different pronunciations with different meanings. Cause Chinese are apt to learn English words according spelling, those pronouncing variations are often neglected.
1. The bandage was wound round the wound.
2. The farm was used to produce produce.
3. The dump was so full that it had to refuse for more refuse.
4. We most polish the Polish furniture.
5. The solider decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
6. Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
7. A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
8. He could lead if he could get the lead out.
9. When shot at, the dove dove into the dust.
10. I didn’t object the object.
11. The insurance is invalid for the invalid
12. There are a row among the oarsman about how to row.
13. They were to close to the door to close it.
14. The buck does funny thing when the does are present.
15. A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
16. To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
17. The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
18. After a number of injections, my jaw got number.
19. Upon seeing the tear in the painting, I shed a tear.
20. I had to subject the subject to a series of test.
21. How can I intimate to my intimate friend.
22. I read that book and t was a good read.
23. The record may not be accurate. Because the eye movements are difficult to record.＜本文发表于: 相约加拿大:枫下论坛 www.rolia.net/f ＞