How to change to English name?

ely (Ely)
As most Chinese, the name on my passport is the "pin yin" of my Chinese Name. But I felt it's very unconvinient for Americans to read my chinese name. I do have an English name and after i came to U.S i use it in all the informal situation. People here know me as my English name but on all the formal documents(transcript, bills, creditcard..), i have to use my orginal name on the passport and sometimes it confused some of my friends and professors here. I think a typical English name is neccessary for us since we are going to live here permanentely. I'm waiting for my landing paper and i'm sure the name on the LP will be the Chinese name again. What can i do for this situation..?
2000-11-15 -04:00
This post has been archived. It cannot be replied.
Page address has been copied. To share, click to copy page address.
Share Online by QR Code

Back To Topic: How to change to English name?

Back To Forum: HOME枫下论坛枫下论坛主坛枫下家园生活杂事