关于入关及落地移民手续 (转载)

doudougao (豆豆)
本文发表在 rolia.net/zh 相约加拿大网上社区枫下论坛





Information for Permanent Residents to Canada

You are now a permanent resident of Canada. You may also be called a landed immigrant. Both terms mean the same thing@that you have legal resident status in Canada. You may work or go to school or live wherever you choose. Please read the information below about your new status. It is important. If you do not understand it, ask someone who understands English and your lan-guage to explain it to you.

1.Record of Landing

The document you have just received is your Record of Landing. It is the only document that you will receive and so it is important that you keep it in a safe place. You may fold it but do not laminate it (do not cover it in plastic). You will need your Record of Landing to prove your sta-tus in Canada to other government departments, schools, employers, banks or other institutions. You will also need the original Record of Landing with you whenever you enter Canada after a visit out of the country. You do not need a work permit or school permit now. You do not need to give your address to Canada Immigration when you move. You do not need to renew your Record of Landing. It 乁s a permanent document.

2.Keeping Your Permanent Resident Status

As a general rule, you must live in Canada to keep your permanent resident status. If you have a good reason for being away from Canada for more than six months out of a lz-month period, it is important that you contact citizenship and immigration Canada at least three months in ad-vance of your departure. Call GGG - zl?l (in Vancouver calling area) or I - ggg - z@z - zloo (other areas in BC/Yukon). If you are outside of Canada for a period longer than six months, then you should contact the nearest Canadian visa office. If your reasons for being outside of Canada are valid, you will be issued a Returning Resident Permit.

3.Losing Your Permanent Resident Status
You may lose your permanent resident status if:
1.You abandon Canada as your home by moving to another country, even for less than six months;

2.An Immigration Adjudicator finds that you have abandoned Canada as your place of permanent residence;

3.An Immigration Adjudicator orders you deported because you are convicted of a serious crime or of several crimes, or if you made a serious misrepresentation to Canada Immigration when you applied for permanent residence, or if you will fully do not support yourself or your family. It is important to remember that only an Immigration Adjudicator can take away your perma- nent resident status or order you to leave Canada.

4. Canadian Citizenship
As a general rule, you must be a permanent resident for three years before you may apply to be a Canadian citizen. Applications for Canadian Citizenship are handled by a Court of Canadian Citizenship. You can get information about citizenship by phoning one of these numbers: 6663971 (Vancouver) or 5906884 (Surrey). For Courts outside of the Greater Vancouver area, you should look in the Blue Pages of the phone book under Government of Canada.

5.Passports/Travel Documents
Only a Canadian citizen may have a Canadian passport but if you are landed as a Convention Refugee you may qualify for a travel document. Canada Immigration does not supply passports and travel documents. You may contact the Passport Office in Vancouver by phoning 7756250, or you may go to the office at this address: $240757 West Hastings St. , Vancouver.

6.Social Insurance Number (SIN)
You can now apply for a permanent SIN. Take your Record of Landing to the Canada Employ-ment Centre closest to your home (look in the Blue Pages of the phone book under Government of Canada to find it) and ask for a social insurance number and card. If you had a temporary "goo" number, you must apply for a new card.

7.Medical Coverage
You should contact the British Columbia Medical Services Plan as soon as possible after being landed (look in the Blue Pages of the phone book under Government of British Columbia). They will help you get medical coverage for yourself and your family in Canada.

8. Sponsoring Your Family
For information about sponsoring your family, or other questions about the Immigration Pro-gram, you can call our telemessage service (6662171 in Vancouver calling area; 1-888-242-2100 other areas in BC/Yukon). It is a recorded information service available 24 hours, seven days a week. Service representatives are available during office business hours, 8:00 a.m.to 4:00 p.m.,, Monday to Friday.



更多精彩文章及讨论,请光临枫下论坛. 网址: rolia.net/zh
2001-7-27 -04:00
This post has been archived. It cannot be replied.
Page address has been copied. To share, click to copy page address.
Share Online by QR Code

Back To Topic: 关于入关及落地移民手续 (转载)

Back To Forum: HOME枫下论坛枫下论坛主坛加国之约入境安家