＜本文发表于: 相约加拿大:枫下论坛 www.rolia.net/f ＞
90% of Chinese people think USA is a better place than Canada. Here are some reasons:
1) One can earn more than In Canada.
2) There are more job opportunities in USA.
3) The climate in USA is better than in Canada.
4) There is more fun in USA because it is a "bigger" country.
5) The tax rate in USA is much lower than in Canada.
I agree on all these reasons 100%.
Usually, people know but do not care for the following facts:
1) USA is a society teemed with guns. In Was DC, each year more than 365 people are gun shot. In school, kids are frequently found to carry guns. Of course, all the people don't believe they can become victims.
2) The medicare and social security in USA is not always reliable. If one does not gather a lot of money, he/she cannot keep his/her living standard once he/she reties. If one lives up to 90 without a plan, things are still worst.
But all these are not so bad. The worst thing is: If somebody is disabled, if somebody has been sick for a long time.... Of course, most people don't think they can fall into this category.
3) I don't see much fun in USA probably because I am dumb. I understand that those people who live in great pressure have no interest in fun. Of course, I see some Chinese husbands enjoy live American football broadcasting while their wives are doing jobs in Chinese restaurant. I think one can has fun too in Canada if he/she has a reliable income.
4) I have some fun in teaching people Java technologies. The reason I still want to come to Canada is that I wish to run a training center, and become a prestigious Java instructor like Bruce Eckel. I have ever taught for some training schools but I don't appreciate their guidelines in running a school. What I need is my school. What I need is to make people success.
People usualy ask me: what's the use for you to learn these Java things? My answer is "show off". Actually, I learn because I want to teach others. Otherwise, I don't need to read books and do labs in the evening.
5) Earning more money does not mean possessing more wealth. The county (Fairfax county) I live in is No. 1 wealthy county in USA. The housing is terribly expensive.
If one wants to live near to good school,
he/she just spends big money to buy a mean house. I think this is the same as in Toronto.
Many friends advised me against going to Canada.
I hope I have satisfied your curiosity. My lovely fish!＜本文发表于: 相约加拿大:枫下论坛 www.rolia.net/f ＞