本文发表在 rolia.net/zh 相约加拿大网上社区枫下论坛
Some people are very interested in salary standards. Here I publicize some facts:
1) My client pays $115 USD per hour for hiring me. This money is paid to a consulting company. IT will take 30% of
this money (some of my colleage say it is 35%).
2) My boss take the remainig money from that consulting company. My boss runs a small consulting company. He give me a salary of $80K plus some benifits such as health insurance.
3) One may think I am silly because I allow so many people make money on me. The reason is simple: I have not got a green card
and it is my boss who sponsored my working visa.
4) How much should I earn? I don't know. I have been satisfied by $80K. Many chinese guys tolerate low salary for green card's sake. Among such Chinese guys, my salary is high.
5) What is the general rate for contractor in USA? If you are at senior level and have a green card, it should be $60-85 hourly. This can fluctuate in different projects. One of my Chinese colleage told me he made $85 hourly in his previous assignment.
6) What is the highest rate? I don't know exact number. The DB architect in our present object makes $200 hourly. Interestingly enough, he is Canadian and comes from Toronto.
7) Even I get a green card now, I don't have a dream to make more than $75 per hour. The reason is, if your pay rate is too high, you need to take a lot of responsibility.
更多精彩文章及讨论，请光临枫下论坛. 网址: rolia.net/zh