Yes, pigpapa is right.

numnum (numnum)
本文发表在 rolia.net/zh 相约加拿大网上社区枫下论坛
The sponsorship is only mandatory if you two stay married, and in that case, sponsorship can be withdrawn with the only penalty being that the sponsor will not be able to sponsor anybody for 10 years.
If you two get divorced, the sponsorship is cancelled automatically, but you can ask for the alimony and asset split when you file the divorce to the court. The amount you can get depends very much on the asset you two have earned together during the marriage, and how long you two have stayed together. As a rule of sum, if you two have stayed together before separation for 3 years, you might be able to get 30% of his asset he earned during your marriage, but if you want to be eligible for an alimony, usually you need to be married for at least 10 years because in that case it's his responsiblity to make sure your quality of life deosn't go down too much due to the fact that you don't have a job. BTW, if you file for divorce and it's not his fault( eg. adultery, abuse) , you will probably end up with nothing. The law is complicated but quite fair overall, don't expect you can easily have somebody support you just because you have had the wedding with him.
更多精彩文章及讨论,请光临枫下论坛. 网址: rolia.net/zh
2001-8-5 -04:00
This post has been archived. It cannot be replied.
Page address has been copied. To share, click to copy page address.
Share Online by QR Code

Back To Topic: 我已经来加拿大快1年了。我是以夫妻团聚来加拿大的,现在由于夫妻关系不好,双方想办理离婚。丈夫办理了返加纸,将我留在这里做移民监,他现在在上海工作。我们是否可以在加拿大办理离婚手续?

Back To Forum: HOME枫下论坛枫下论坛主坛枫下沙龙谈天说地