＜本文发表于: 相约加拿大:枫下论坛 www.rolia.net/f ＞
1) As a programmer, you should be able to work both on Windows and Unix platforms. As far as I know, Sun Solaris, IBM AIX and HP UX are popular... If you can work as an user on one of these platforms, it is good. If you have played on Linux, you have no problem on Unix because Linux is a cousin of Unix.
2) Please don't ask which technology can bring a high pay for you. The more important thing is to get a job first. I hope you are prepared for the tough life in Canada. Canada is a nice country, but it is extremely tough to new immigrants. It is still early for you to think about high salaries. Generally speaking, all the computer jobs come with a high pay.
3) Indeed, forget about your Delphi. However, your delphi experiences can help you in mastering new technologies.
4) If you stick on C++, you should focus on C++ on UNIX. VC++ is not very popular in North America.
5) If you bet on Java, you should be experts in Servlts, JSP, EJB and XML. Core java, or simple Java applications and applets cannot bring you a loaf of bread. Only Server-side Java programmers have some chances...
6) Please have a good picture of project life-cycle. Learn something about methodology. UML, Rational Rose...Use case, Class diagriams, Sequence diagrams, Unit testing, Load testing, Refactoring,.... Version control, Build scripts .....
Good luck＜本文发表于: 相约加拿大:枫下论坛 www.rolia.net/f ＞