You must be an experienced construction person

builder (Builder)
本文发表在 rolia.net/zh 相约加拿大网上社区枫下论坛
You must be an experienced construction person with a degree in Architectural / structural / civil engineering (oversea qualification acceptable) and with good knowledge on north American building design.

In china this kind of position is normally called “engineering budgeters”, however in here people call them “construction cost estimators”. But, in England and Hong Kong, these people are with a professional designation called “Quantity Surveyors”. What they do is to prepare construction cost estimating for variety of purposes such as budgeting, dispute resolution, bank load monitoring etc. The works include taking off quantities from design drawings; pricing items with local costing data; preparation of costing reports etc.

In the past, most of the positions are filled by immigrants from England, Hong Kong and other commonwealth countries. However, since 1997, the immigrants from HK and England dropped dramatically, and no many North American Universities provide these kind of training. Therefore, there is big demand in both Canada and USA for Construction Estimators and Quantity Surveyors. For those who are still in China planning to immigrate to Canada or work in USA, it is a good idea to work or study towards this profession. For more detail of this profession, please visit www.ciqs.org. Good Luck!
更多精彩文章及讨论,请光临枫下论坛. 网址: rolia.net/zh
2000-6-19 -04:00
This post has been archived. It cannot be replied.
Page address has been copied.
To share, click to copy page address.
Share Online by QR Code

Back To Topic: Is anyone looking for jobs in construction industry?

Back To Forum: HOME枫下论坛枫下论坛主坛枫下家园生活杂事