1, any government HR centre, 3-4 weeks mail-in
2. 3 months after landing
3. u need to overcome the cold 1st in this time of the yr. 600$ is too much for a single like u, in my view, sharing is a reasonable way.
4. refer to other ppl's answer
5. 56k is popular, coz NA's phone line system is comprehensive, lots of free ISP, such like netzero, addres.com......
6. Bell, as local service provider, charges 23$ per month for basic service, no further fee for local, even uif u use internet (dialup local#)
7. credit card is sth u will eventually try to evade---the 1st is difficult, once u have 1, too many institutions want u to apply for theirs.
8. most channels can hv it---basic plan 20$/mo, if including cnn/discover/muchmusic/TBS/history..,
9. see other ppl's comments
10. written test--right after u settle down (g1), road test--at least 8 mo after written test (g2), after that it is g.