＜本文发表于: 相约加拿大:枫下论坛 www.rolia.net/f ＞
EXAMPLE: Using a D-link router, DI-704 with 4-port, to share Rogers internet cable:
Multiple network client IDs.(extray charges will apply)
1. connect WAN port of the router to Rogers cable
2. connect NIC of PC to LAN port of the router(up to 4 PCs, no hub required )
3. type in network client ID, downloaded from Rogers' web site, such as cr12345-a, or cr-12345-b..., as computer name and set up using DHCP as WINS resolution.
4. set Internet Explorer using LAN for connection.
PS. up to 5 network ID can be downloaded according to Rogers
One network client ID, (require one hub)
1. set up the router with your network ID, cr1234-a, as host name, renew IP forever and enable DHCP server (disable is recommended for small LAN).
2. connect WAN port to rogers cable.
3. connect LAN port to Hub by uplink or crossover cable.
4. connect all PCs to Hub.
5 set up PCs: gateway 192.168.0.1(default by D-Link) DNS IP address. if you disable router 's DHCP server, you need set up IP address for each computer, you may use 192.168.0.10 to 250.
6. set Explorer using LAN for connection
7. go＜本文发表于: 相约加拿大:枫下论坛 www.rolia.net/f ＞