＜本文发表于: 相约加拿大:枫下论坛 www.rolia.net/f ＞
So you finally nail down that job offer and ready to face the new challenges, what’s next?
Some advices for my Chinese co-workers.
1. Don’t think you’re indispensable. Yes you are technically strong, so what? Graveyard full of indispensable people. If you are not a team player your will disappear faster than smoke.
2. Don’t tangle with your co-workers. If one or two of them think you’re idiot it could be that they just caught you or you just caught them in a bad day. If seven or more people think you’re idiot then you probably are.
3. Never ever play smart-ass in front of boss (say “ Yeah, we can do it three month faster”). You will understand the tradeoff s in a hurry.
4. Don’t whining “Here is problem” every three minutes or people will start thinking that you’re problem all by yourself. Dig in and find solutions.
5. Stand up for what you think is right, but know when you should retreat.
6. Speak up during the meetings, if you really don’t have any idea to contribute, say some jokes, It just simply mean “Hollow guys, I’m here!”
7. Take a shower and wash your hair at least every second day. Keep a neat appearance and get ride of those disgusting behaviors we some times see in China. Body odder drives everybody away from you and it may turn around drive you away from the job. It happened to a Chinese guy in my office.
8. Talk with you co-workers with what ever topics or sooner or later they will gather at another corner of the office start talking about you. I’m sure that’s the last thing you want to see, be prepare pack your stuff. I’m serious, I’ve seen so many Chinese co-workers get fired partly because of this, They just too quite, hide in their own little space never talk to others. It’s like tell everyone you just a dummy not a real person, when time comes that someone has to go, dummy goes first.
9. Last I can come up with for our new immigrant friends, NERVER EVER SLEEP ON YOUR DESK DURING LUCH HOUR. It looks really, really, really bad.＜本文发表于: 相约加拿大:枫下论坛 www.rolia.net/f ＞