Important !!!-------for the immigrant engineer (transmitted)

yunboo (运波儿)
本文发表在 rolia.net/zh 相约加拿大网上社区枫下论坛
There is a very tight window of opportunity (just today December 19 until
midnight and perhaps tomorrow) to deliver your opinion to the public about
CCPE's Informal Assessment of foreign trained engineers (FTEs) through the most
popular radio show in Canada,

This morning Andy Barry, the host of CBC's Morning Show interviewed Elinor
Caplan, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration and Stephen(?) Green, an
immigration lawyer about the new regulations for the Immigration Bill C-11. Mr.
Green's point was that immigration will become more restrictive under the new
law and quoted several examples related to engineers. More interestingly, Andy
Barry invited immigrants to phone the "voice box" and leave a message about
how you have been treated since landing in Canada.

If you have a strong opinion on Canada's new immigration law, this is the
opportunity to air it.

If you are a FTE who has had the Informal Assessment done by the Canadian
Council of Professional Engineers - CCPE take the opportunity of phoning the
CBC voice box and leave a ONE MINUTE message to make your points.

If you are a FTE, you may consider the following points. But please prepare
your message with care: practice, using your own words; say only what is true
in your case; clock the time so it does not exceed one minute. Then phone (416)
205-5807 ASAP and listen to the recording. You will be asked to give your name
and phone number before recording you message. The message usually starts like
this: "It's John Smith from Hamilton, Ontario. I'm calling to comment
on/regarding/in response to..." or "My name is John Smith. I'm calling from
Vancouver, B.C. I think the new immigration law is ...."

Points to consider:

1. You are an immigrant engineer (M. Sc. Eng. or Ph. D.) and are happy to be in
2. When you applied for a visa, CIC requested that you get an assessment from
the CCPE to establish whether you were an engineer; CCPE charged you $175 for
the assessment. You might have thought that with that assessment, you could
work as an engineer in Canada.
3. But in order to get a license to practice engineering in Ontario, you have
to apply again to Professional Engineers Ontario (this is unfair) and pay again
a $175 registration fee (doubly unfair).
4. Furthermore, one condition to get a license in Ontario is to gain "Canadian
experience" under the supervision of a licensed engineer. These opportunities
are very scarce, thus making it difficult to get the license.

Conclusion: your engineering skills are under-utilized and you cannot
contribute your full potential to Ontario.

Tune in the Morning Show at FM 99.1 MHz on December 20 between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m.
更多精彩文章及讨论,请光临枫下论坛. 网址: rolia.net/zh
2001-12-19 -04:00
This post has been archived. It cannot be replied.
Page address has been copied. To share, click to copy page address.
Share Online by QR Code

Back To Topic: Important !!!-------for the immigrant engineer (transmitted)

Back To Forum: HOME枫下论坛枫下论坛主坛加国之约移民留学申请