some information according to my understanding of your situation

qunying (lonely bear)
sorry, no chinese input software, can only view :(
according to the current regulation.
a person has to be in Canada for 183 days in one year PERIOD. this one year period is not refering to the calender year. for example, you stays Jan to Jun in one year, then leave on July, and you want to return at May the second year, you have exceeded the time limite, unless you have the returning paper.

For your case, since you have the returning paper till May this year, you won't be worry before it expired. But the new regulations has no mentioning of the case you are facing: your PR status will be lost if you does not return to Canada before expired of your returnign paper according to the current regulation. Only the immigration department can answer your question.

The safest way to do is to return to Canada before expired of your returning paper and wait for the new act in action.
2002-1-8 -04:00
This post has been archived. It cannot be replied.
Page address has been copied. To share, click to copy page address.
Share Online by QR Code

Back To Topic: 新法真的确定了吗?假如有个人在国内呆到今年6月28号刚好180天,还有3天就过期了,那他6月28以后还可以回加拿大吗??新移民法是确实执行吗?如果能回来的话,那其实今年2月开始,大家都可以回国了是吗?谁能给个确切答案?

Back To Forum: HOME枫下论坛枫下论坛主坛枫叶旗下法律