＜本文发表于: 相约加拿大:枫下论坛 www.rolia.net/f ＞
You know you are in University of Waterloo CS when....
1. You think the only 3 faculties in the university are Engineering, Math, and
2. You think there are only 2 programs in math: CS, and you don't know what the
other one is called.
3. You only have 1 or 2 female friends.
4. All the girls you know either have a boyfriend (and it's not you), or they
don't look like girls.
5. You constantly see sunrise before you go to bed.
6. You think PAC is there only for final exams
7. You have either been in CTRL-A for more than 4 terms or you are one of the
long-lasting execs yourself.
8. You shower around twice a week, if not less.
9. You play starcraft every night
10. You eat your lunch at 1am
11. Your best friend is the x-terminal and wincenter
12. You can memorize Pi to at least 15 digits
13. You can memorize e to at least 12 digits
14. "Natural" means denominator is 1, and greater than 0
15. "Rational" means p/q where p, q are integers
16. "Real" means the imaginary part is 0
17. Waking up at 1pm is normal for you
18. When asking for time to meet up with people, you always have to ask "am or
19. Socialization means doing CS assignments together
20. Latex means a kind of word processor to you
21. You know more unix commands than people.
22. Rim means a company with money to you
23. People outside the university think you are smart, while you are actually
failing 4 out of 5 courses you are taking.
24. You are glad being called a geek.
25. You drink more beer than water.
26. MC means the same as WC.
27. You read computer codes faster than plain English texts.
28. You use the following phrases in your daily life: "for all", "there
exists", and "such that"
29. You type faster than you talk
30. You haven't been back home for more than 2 months
31. You talk more to your friends on ICQ than in person/on the phone.
32. You call it "monitor" instead of "screen".
33. You stare at the computer longer than you watch TV (if you still watch
34. CS means the same as BS.
35. Your only non-text book is the mathNEWS.
36. 8 am means late at night and not early in the morning.
37. You know at least 3 languages: English, Java, and C++.
38. Half of your classmates are oriental
39. And 1/3 of them don't even know where they are originally from.
40. The rest 2/3 are from Hong Kong
41. Your friends have two names: their first name and their unix id
42. You read the undergrad calendar when you sit on the toilet
43. All CS assignments are due either on Friday or Monday＜本文发表于: 相约加拿大:枫下论坛 www.rolia.net/f ＞