本文发表在 rolia.net/zh 相约加拿大网上社区枫下论坛
1. Consumer tax: Europe has the highest consumer tax. For example, it is 25% consumer tax in Denmark. In the States, it depends on the State. Normally, it is between 5-10%. I heard that it is 15% in Canada.
2. Bank service: Indeed the US has the best bank service. When I was in Denmark, I could not deposit my USD and they asked me to change it to DKK before I deposit. In the US, no charge for ATM within 10 sevices per month. 15$ for 200 checks. By the way, the credit card is the most convenient method to pay. I never carry cash more than 20$.
3. Shopping: Normally we can return everything we don't like within 2 weeks in the US. Usually I don't check the quality in the store.
4. Internet Shopping: the best way for shopping. Cheaper price, no tax, shipping to door. Normally we can save 30~40% by internet shopping. I heard that we cannot do it after we move to Canada. What a pity.
5. Safety: I think the Europe and Canada are much better than the US. I live in a city with 500K population. There are several homocide cases every week and more than one robbing case every day--it is among the top 10 list of high crime cities in the States. A nearby city is worse, there are more than 400 murder cases in last year. There is Gun Show every two months. One of my colleagues was robbed just at the front door of our building by two gun men. A nearby bank was robbed for six times in last year. But in the small town in the midwest, it is very safe. When I lived in my friends' home, I was astonished that they did not lock the door every night.
5. Freedom: I think no difference. The Presidents, especially Clinton before, was always a topic in the talkshows, such as Today Show, Late Show.
6. Discrimination. Europe is the worst. I hope Canada is the best place with diversity of culture.
7. Earning money. Even though the slowing economy, it is not difficult to find jobs right now in the US. it is much easier to find a job in the US than in Canada. Meanwhile the salary in the US is higher than that in Canada. But the biggest problem is the visa status.
更多精彩文章及讨论，请光临枫下论坛. 网址: rolia.net/zh