本文发表在 rolia.net/zh 相约加拿大网上社区枫下论坛
Subject: mistakes new immigrant made in IT
From: Jiang-Ming Zhou <jzhou@SYMANTEC.COM>
just hope it helpful.
1. Assume company here does not recongnize your Chinese degrees==>Totally wrong, they don't care where you got your degree, they care if you can do the job right away.
2. Assume company here does not recongnize your Chinese experences ==>Totally wrong, they focus on what you did, not where you did. Of course, if your resume shows that you only worked on small project or University project, or research, that's not good experience at all. They are good, but the employer does not need that. Also, they hope YOU WORKED IN SIMILAR DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONEMENT, not in totally different shop, so that you can work the next day you are hired without needing too much help.
3.Assume they only care your skills==>wrong! your personality is more important than your skills. You manager hires you to work for him. You'll paid by the company, the manager has to make sure you can work with the whole team.
4. Do it from your resume. I got some resumes written by PhDs. Unfortunately they don't even know that you have to FORMAT your resume in a clean way(not mean bold, color stuff!).
5. of course the contents of your resume are important too. Chinese company does things differently. So organize your project in a manner similar what poeple here should have.
6. You'd better really WORK on your resume. Use your brain.
7. Listing all your stuffs is not neccessary good. Someone want a job in Web dev, and says he knows a lot of 8035 etc. It does not help at all, it hurts.
8. Be confident.
Tell yourself if your are the employer, will you hire yourself? If you think you would hire yourself, why not other managers?
Happy Job Hunting :)
更多精彩文章及讨论，请光临枫下论坛. 网址: rolia.net/zh