回答 WENDY,“知道PETER所讲的专为新移民服务的免费律师吗?”:关于法律援助等问题。

rollor (Rollor)
本文发表在 rolia.net/zh 相约加拿大网上社区枫下论坛
As far as I know, most lawyers will charge a fee when
working for you. There is a "legal aid" service in
Ontario, who will pay the lawyer fee for you if you
are poor. I am not sure of the defination of "poor",
but a few thousand dollars in the bank may make you
"not poor" enough.

When you sue your landlord, what will you ask for? If
you aim at getting some money or conpensation from the
landlord, you can use all or part of that money to pay your lawyer

The best way is to call a legal service office and
make an appointment to have a free of charge interview
with a lawyer. Discuss your case with the lawyer and
he/she will provide you a fee schedule and your possibilities
of winning. Some lawyers offer "you win or you don't pay" plan.

However, I know there are some kind of free "legal
clinics" in Toronto. They will probably provide
professional recommendations to you, but I don't think
they will appear in court for you with no charge. They
have to make a living.

I have a friend who a practicing paralegal. You can
call him, and he may bring your case to a lawyer. He
is from Shanghai. Name: Jonathan Fon (Feng1 Zhi4
Qiang2) 416-351-7141.

更多精彩文章及讨论,请光临枫下论坛. 网址: rolia.net/zh
2001-5-7 -04:00
This post has been archived. It cannot be replied.
Page address has been copied. To share, click to copy page address.
Share Online by QR Code

Back To Topic: 回答 WENDY,“知道PETER所讲的专为新移民服务的免费律师吗?”:关于法律援助等问题。

Back To Forum: HOME枫下论坛枫下论坛主坛枫叶旗下社会