本文发表在 rolia.net/zh 相约加拿大网上社区枫下论坛
I myself didn't know the name a year ago. The fact is
1. all best telecommunication professors go to Carlton
2. Nortel, Newbridge and those telecommunicaion giants all invest in this
university and hire a LOT from this university. I know these giants
also hire from U of T, Waterloo or out UWO, but far less than from
3. I can say, even though waterloo is the best for its computer science
in Canada, its telecommunication is not as good as Carlton.
4. Telecommunication is a very special field. you have have known in toronto
we have Java school, Unix school, Project School, Msce school, but you will
never see a small school be able to offer telecommunication education.
the lab costs you heaven. A small box at the size of a microwave costs
you some 200,000 CAD easily. You need hundreds of them for a initial lab
for only ATM!!!!. But telecommunication also includes TDM, Analogue, MSN,
. You name it.
5. in a long term, choose carlton is not as good as U of T if Carlton can't
remain leading position for long. But who knows if it will be a second
waterloo in this field. By choosing U of T, even though it is just a general
school, it is good for overall evaluation. May be it is easier for your
long term development.
In a short term, for best telecommunication education and best job opportunity
Carlton is at least not worse then Waterloo.
更多精彩文章及讨论，请光临枫下论坛. 网址: rolia.net/zh