Guest Experience Representative
Why join us?
* PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A CONTRACT POSITION, with the opportunity to turn into a permanent part-time position.
We are currently looking for highly motivated Guest Experience Representatives to join our team at Yorkdale in Toronto. Committed to providing an exceptional guest services, the Guest Experience Representatives must ensure every guest interaction is carried out in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
• Proactively seek opportunities (using good judgment) to create memorable guest interactions, assist guests and provide excellent service.
Example: Guests who looks like they are lost and asking if they need some assistance.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the shopping centre’s services, amenities/facilities, stores/locations and promotional activities.
• Assist guest by providing directions/information, answering questions, and performing other centre specific services as assigned.
• Be involved with and encourage guests in utilizing social media, mobile and on-line services to enhance their shopping experience.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with retailers to educate them about the centre’s available services as well as to understand all merchant offerings and services.
• Maintain store knowledge about merchandise, price points, sales or special events to be able to offer gift or store suggestions based on the shopper’s needs.
• Interact with shoppers and retailers in a courteous and efficient manner.
• Maintain good eye contact with guests when not engaged in required tasks.
• Conduct all service functions of the Guest Experience kiosk – including selling gift cards and responding to text/web chat Kipsu inquiries
• Ensure accuracy in all guest interaction communication tools.
Examples: phone messages, website, social media outlets, pamphlets, directories, and face-to-face interactions
• Participate in special projects and assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Be aware of the centre’s Crisis Management Manual and maintain a clear understanding of Guest Experience role and areas of responsibility as outlined in the plan
• Be aware of the centre’s Health and Safety Manual and maintain a clear understanding of Guest Experience role and areas of responsibility
To succeed in this role, you:
• High school education – secondary preferred in a related field i.e. Hospitality or Marketing/Communications
• Previous customer service experience required.
• Positive attitude and a strong desire to provide excellent guest service.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with shoppers, retailers, centre management, service providers and all shopping centre personnel.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, with the ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Conflict resolution/management skills.
• Must be friendly, approachable, proactive and solution focused.
• Computer skills – including working knowledge of social media tools and services.
• Organization and time management skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule of a minimum of 3 shifts per week to full-time; shifts will be days, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Comfortable standing for duration of shift.