Have you ever herad of Oyster Pancake? It's a mixture of eggs, starch and oysters. It's is a famous and traditional dish in my hometown, Teochew area. All of my families can make this dish, but different people make different kinds of flavours. I learned it from my uncle, but this is my own recipe. It is very tasty and tastes like the ocean. It is good to eat with congee. But you cannot eat it too often, because it is fat. You can have it weekly.
- 8 OZ (227g) Oyster
- Two eggs
- 80g starch (2/3 cup) (works the best with yam starch
- Two tablespoons of fish sauce (30ml)
- Six cloves of garlic
- One green onion
- Two tablespoons of canola oil (30ml)
- Three tablespoons of water (45ml)
- Some cilantro
- Cut the oyster into small pieces. Mince the garlic. Chop the green onion.
- Mix the oyster, garlic, water, green onion with starch and fish sauce in a bowl. Crack the eggs and mix them in another small bowl.
- Pour the oil into the pan, turn the stove to high.
- Pour the mixture into the pan when the oil is hot. Turn the stove to medium and stay for 30 seconds.
- Pour the eggs over the mixture, wait for 2 minutes, and then turn it.
- Turn the heat to low and wait another 2 minutes.
- Turn it again and then turn the stove off. Let the oyster pancake stay in.
- Put some cilantro over the oyster pancake.
Hope you enjoy! :)