○ "Ms. Wynne, faced with dismal approval ratings and the near-guarantee of a general-election loss this spring, is trying to win favour with voters by raising the minimum wage. "
● "But rather than taking a measured approach, she is hiking the minimum by almost one third in the space of 18 months, with no thought to the consequences."
● "We've said before that minimum-wage increases are necessary and fair. In the long run, the new rates in Ontario will be absorbed into the economy."
● "But Ms. Wynne acted irresponsibly by jacking the rate so quickly in her hour of political need. If some small-business owners are obliged to cut benefits and hours to make ends meet, that's on her. "
● "She ought to take responsibility, but she prefers to demonize the very people who have to muddle through the disruption she caused."