本文发表在 rolia.net/zh 相约加拿大网上社区枫下论坛
Arch Disability Law Centre - Petition regarding Special Services at Home (SSAH) and Passport funding
Letter from Janis Jaffe-White of Toronto Family Network :
As you might know by now, there is a province-wide campaign underway to bring attention to concerns regarding the Special Services At Home (SSAH) Program and Passport Program for Ontarians with disabilities. There has been a great deal of hard work done so far to get this off the ground and get thousands of signatures from all over Ontario, and get the concerns raised again and again in the Ontario legislature. We would ask that you read through the information provided and try to get petitions signed before the end of November 2010, as they will be taken to the Minister then. These details are from ARCH Disability Law Centre
1. Please find attached a copy of a Petition asking the government to adequately fund eligible applicants for Passport and Special Services At Home (SSAH). We are also asking that the application and funding allocation process be transparent and finally, that sufficient long term funding be put in place so that eligible Ontarians with disabilities can access the supports and services that they need. The petition is also available, with instructions, on ARCH’s website at.
2. Any age can sign - you do not have to be 18 and over. Please sign only once if you can help it. Once it is completed, we ask that the original hard copy be sent to your local MPP (exception noted below if your MPP is a Cabinet Minister) with a brief request that it be read in the Legislative Assembly. We also kindly ask that ARCH be sent a photocopy of all the completed petitions, so that we can keep track of the total number of signatures on the petitions for further use in lobbying efforts. ARCH’s fax number is 416-482-2981 or 1-866-881-2723, or you can mail it to the address below.
3. IF YOUR MPP IS A CABINET MINISTER or the SPEAKER, apparently they are not allowed to read out petitions. If you are in those constituencies, then we ask that you send a photocopy of the petition to your MPP, and send the Original petition to ARCH (have to mail as they need original signatures to take to ARCH's MPP).
4. Should you wish to locate your MPP, you can find him/her by:
Going to the Elections Ontario lookup page and use your postal code or address to find out. Then, go to the Elections Ontario addresses list to get the name of your MPP.
The addresses list will also give you the contact information for your MPP’s Constituency Office.
5. If you do not wish to take the original petition to your MPP, you may send the original petition to ARCH, so that we can ask our MPP to read it in the legislature. They will need the original in order for their MPP to read it. The original can be sent to :
Dianne Wintermute, Staff Lawyer
ARCH Disability Law Centre
425 Bloor St. E. Suite 110
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3R5
Or I am also happy to send them to ARCH for you - you can send them to me at the Toronto Family Network using this address:
Toronto Family Network
c/o 3300 Yonge Street, Suite 200
Toronto, Ontario M4N 2L6
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact ARCH, Toronto Family Network or any one of the other groups involved listed on the petition.
Your involvement would be greatly appreciated. Without it, this campaign will go nowhere and it will be the children and adults with disabilties in this province who will suffer even more.
Janis Jaffe-White, Coordinator
Toronto Family Network
TO The Legislative Assembly of Ontario:
WHEREAS there are over 7,000 people with disabilities waiting for the Ontario Ministry of Community and Social Services’ Special Services At Home (SSAH) funding and almost 4,000 on waitlists for Passport funding; and
WHEREAS such programs are vital and essential to supporting Ontarians with developmental disabilities, and their families, to participate in community life;
ARCH Disability Law Centre supported by Family Alliance Ontario, People First of Ontario, Community Living Ontario, Special Services At Home Provincial Coalition, Individualized Funding Coalition for Ontario and the undersigned individuals and organizations urge the Ontario government to take quick action to substantially improve Developmental Services.
WE the undersigned petition the Legislative Assembly of Ontario as follows:
• Ensure that all qualified Passport and SSAH applicants immediately receive adequate funding;
• Make the application and funding allocation processes transparent; and
• Ensure that sufficient long-term funding is in place so that eligible Ontarians with disabilities can access the supports and services they need.
Name (printed) Address (printed) Signature
更多精彩文章及讨论，请光临枫下论坛. 网址: rolia.net/zh