○ It's hard to short US stocks with some of the Canadian brokerages, they don't have enough to lend. Maybe TD waterhouse has an advantage 'coz they also operate in US? Otherwise, just hafta pay a premium to trade options.
○ Try IB. IB is the best for US Stocks
○ but i heard scary stories from IB users. Such as market orders were not filled. I don't like being taken advantage of by their own traders.
○ My friends and I use IB for quite long time. Up till now, everything is normal as I expected. I like it. I do a lot of future and option trade there. Very low commision fee only for active trader.
○ If you could do me a favor, it would be really appreciated. If you could check "CLWR", "VMW", "EFUT", "CPY" to see whether short sell orders could go through. I would be really appreciated!!!!!! I am gonna open that IB account right away.........
○ Sorry my miscommunication...I just wanted to see if IB would accept my short orders for the 4 stocks mentioned. If they don't, they are the same as my brokerage... Thanks a lot anyway! :-)
○ lol. OK. Maybe I can try it later, but not all stocks can be shorted. there is restriction there. If the above stocks you mentioned can accept the short order, that means the IB plateform will excute that.