○ Of course, you need to worry, because it's not government bond and has risk. Check company's credit ratings before you buy. But why George Western? Their Loblaw business is struggling.
○ You are only looking at default risk. There is risk on the other side. If the company's rating gets worse, or yield goes even higher, your bond value will depreciate. So you always need to worry how the business is doing, saving bankruptcy.
● PLease tell me more details about this bond, such as maturity date, YTM, coupon rate, I can share you some ideas.
○ If we only consider the risk of default, of course holding bond is safer than holding stock because whenever the company collapses, the first to be repaid is bond holder instead of stock holder.
○ Thanks a lot for your further reply. I decided to go ahead to buy $5000 as a long term investment to diversify my portfolio.
○ Stay away from individual corporate bonds. You don't have the skills for that task. You're doing something you don't understand and this is the biggest risk.
-pigking2008(铜头猪王 - 我不回PM);