2018 ROLIA GALA
Established in August 2003, Rolia Cultural Association (RCA) is a not-for-profit organization registered in Ontario. RCA has been serving the Chinese community through events and activities related to culture, life, and career development. Such activities are prepared and organized through the website of rolia.net, our online community, also the most popular Chinese social networking website in Canada. As the majority of users are well-established independent Chinese immigrants, rolia.net is very influential in the market for the GTA Chinese community.
Without any funding from public or government source, our operation budget comes from individual donation, event tickets and business sponsorship.
RCA is a purely volunteer-based organization. From directors to coordinators, everyone volunteers for RCA. There is no paid employee. Furthermore, our volunteers contribute a lot more, so that we don't have to rent office space. There is a 100% efficiency of our budget. It all goes to our events and activities.
Every year, RCA organizes two to three major cultural events, including traditional New Year Galas, grassroots concerts and outdoor recreational activities. The 2018 Rolia Gala will be consecutively our 15th gala event. It will be a gala performance that coagulates all the good efforts, hard work, passion and wisdom of Chinese community members, as well as participants from other cultures. It's a show that reveals the vibrancy and joy of life of new Canadians who have settled down in this great country.
Over 1500 people, including performers, supporting workers, and patrons, will participate in this exciting event. Hundreds of thousands of internet users will pay attention online as well. From the early preparation to months after the shows, there are headlines and hot topics on the forum of rolia.net.
The preparation of 2018 Rolia Gala is underway. It is a perfect opportunity to promote your business in the Chinese community. Please read the following details about how to sponsor this community event.
WHEN: Saturday, January 27, 2018
3:00PM – 5:30PM
7:00PM – 10:30PM
WHERE: FLATO MARKHAM THEATRE
171 Town Centre Blvd, Markham, ON L3R 8G6
TWO WAYS TO SPONSOR THIS EVENT
1. WEBSITE ADVERTISMENT
2018 ROLIA GALA ONLINE ADVERTISEMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Agreeing with all provisions of this document is a condition of
accepting sponsorship to 2018 Rolia Gala through online advertisement.
1.1. ROLIA refers to the website of rolia.net.
1.2. The Sponsor refers to the party sponsoring 2018 Rolia Gala
through online advertisement.
1.3. The Ad refers to the online advertisement services on the web
sites of rolia.net.
2. Details of the Ad
2.1. Page: Treeview list of topic page of a forum category or
sub-forum, with URL starting with “http://www.rolia.net/zh/list.php”.
2.2. Location: Right column of specified pages.
2.3. Image Dimension: 320px wide by 60px high.
2.4. Image fiel format: .JPG or .PNG file
2.5. Display order: By donation receiving time
2.6. Term: 3 months per advertising unit.
2.7. Fees: $1,000.00/unit,
3. When there are two or more ad banner images in a page, they will be
ordered by the time their ad terms start.
4. The Ad will only be displayed on computers or devices which browser
window widths are of 768 pixels or higher. Examples are desktop
computers, laptop computers and large screen tablets such as iPad.
5. The Ad will only be displayed on the "Tree View" mode of list of
topic on specified forum category or sub-forum. Examples are:
http://www.rolia.net/zh/list.php?f=0&c=2300 (Forum category)
6. The Sponsor shall design and create their own ad banner image file.
7. The Sponsor shall create a Rolia forum user account through regular
Sign Up process available on rolia.net. Please mind and follow the
rules regarding the wording of user ID, nick name, and profile
8. The Sponsor shall be able to replace banner image file and linked
URL through the User Console (http://www.rolia.net/mem/) as frequent
as they need.
9. The Sponsor is welcomed to participate in the discussions on the
Rolia Forum. There is no forum privilege on rolia.net associated with
sponsorship. All rolia.net users, including the Sponsor, shall follow
the rules of Rolia Forum.
10. The Sponsor shall not promote their services through forum discussion.
11. The service and display of the Ad is subjected to technical
availability of rolia.net. In the event of website outage, rolia.net
shall try every effort to resume services.
12. ROLIA is not responsible for errors or omissions in the Ad
provided by the Sponsor.
13. The Ad shall not violate any Canadian law or infringe upon any
right of any party.
14. The Sponsor shall not transfer the Ad, in part or whole, to any third party.
15. The Sponsor shall indemnify and save ROLIA harmless from and
against any and all losses and expenses arising out of the appearance
of the Ad, or on the Sponsor's website as linked through ROLIA,
including without limitation, those arising from claims for suits for
defamation, copyright or trademark infringement, misappropriation,
obscenity, indecency, violation of statutory, common law or
contractual rights including, without limitation, the rights of any
guild or union or rights of privacy or publicity or from any and all
similar claims now known or here after devised.
16. The Sponsor acknowledges that ROLIA does not endorse any goods
sold by or any service provided by the Sponsor. Other than the Ad,
ROLIA shall not be involved in any business activities conducted by
the Sponsor. The Sponsor agrees not to make promotional or
merchandising reference to ROLIA in any way except with written
permission from ROLIA in each instance.
17. ROLIA shall not be subject to any liability whatsoever for any
failure to provide the Ad due to systems failure, technological
failure of ROLIA or the Internet, or any other cause outside its
control. ROLIA will not be responsible for harm due to unauthorized
use of the Ad by third parties, including without limitation,
unauthorized reproduction and tampering by network "hackers."
18. The agreement between ROLIA and the Sponsor shall be governed by
the laws of Canada and the Province of British Columbia applicable to
contracts executed and performed entirely in the Province of British
19. This Terms and Conditions document shall be sent to the Sponsor
via email before payment for the Ad is made. Making a payment for the
Ad means that the Sponsor fully agrees and accepts this Terms and
Conditions. No hand signature is needed.
This is the end of document.
2. EVENT ADVERTISMENT
Sponsorship Will Receive
Sponsor’s Name/Company name printed on event poster spread city wide and posted on our website
Sponsor’s Name/Company name and advertising page printed in the program pamphlets (see Sponsorship Levels)
Promotion booth at the theatre lobby on the show day to display your products and flyers/samples
Sponsors receive VIP seat tickets of the performance
Sponsors will be issued nonprofit organization receipts from RCA.
Sponsors can be recognized and arranged as follows:
1. $15,000 – Title Sponsor, 1”x8” ads on cover of the program pamphlets, plus 1-2 pages of full-color inside of pamphlets.
2. $2,500-- full-color, full-page on the back cover of the program pamphlets
3. $1,500-- full-color, full-page, inside-front, inside-back cover of the program pamphlets
4. $1,000--full-color, full-page non-cover of the program pamphlets
5. $800-- full-color, half-page, non-cover of the program pamphlets
6. $500-- full-color, 1/4 page, non-cover page
Additional Notes to Sponsors
1. Your samples and products must be sealed in a bag for packaging; one-page flyers are not permitted.
2. You can include coupons, company information, etc. in your advertisement.
3. All products and prizes for the raffles (draw) must not be less than $300; and the raffle must be arranged and organized by RCA.
4. Sponsors need to provide a graphics file that contains company names and trademarks, in order to help with the printing of the programs.
5. In the case of two or more sponsors choose same type of sponsorship, the higher offer will be taken.
Sponsorship Form (see attachment)
We will update our posters, pamphlets and other media in a timely fashion. Should you be interested in advertising with us, or contributing raffles and prizes, please contact us at your earliest convenience in order to get the best publicity.
1. Cheque, please make payable to: Rolia Cultural Association, and mail to 36 Gladue St., Vaughan, ON L6A0G3
2. Online payment: www.rolia.org, Please go to ‘Pay Sponsorship Fee’ on your left, and make the payment with any credit card or paypal.
Chen Zhou: 416-660-2960, firstname.lastname@example.org
Milo Lu: 647-547-3933, email@example.com