Position: SYBASE DBA / MSSQL
Location: Dallas, TX
Rate: $130k, negotiable
**Special notes: This will be a night shift role. There will be a general shift in the initial training days (might be 8 weeks). Post that candidates should be ready to work on rotation shifts (4pm to 1 am) & (12am to 9am). Sometimes they will be asked to support during weekends. They should be ready for that. Need written confirmation for all the candidates regarding the shift expectations.
- Ability to work on night shifts & weekends on rotating basis.
- Good understanding of Sybase (15.7 & above) internals, architecture etc.
- Good understanding of Sybase replication server (any version above 15) architecture, RSSD, connectivity to/from Repserver.
- Experience with Repserver configuration, monitoring, performance evaluation, queue/agent management.
- Experience with replication down issues & knowledge of scenarios on the issues.
- Experience with Heterogeneous replication i.e. from Sybase as source to Oracle/DB2 as targets.
- Experience with Sybase server performance troubleshooting, monitoring, handling blockings/deadlocks
- Experience with MSA replication, Warm standby. Knowledge of Disaster recovery environment.
- Experience in backup/restore of large databases. Performing refresh in replicated environment.
- Experience with handling DDL changes in replicated environment.
- Experience in handling severity incidents bridges, work under pressure & perform time bound analysis.
- Experience with Autosys automation tool.