Payroll and Accounting Administrator
WHO WE ARE
ACT works to reduce new HIV infections in Toronto and promotes the independence, dignity, health and well-being of people living with HIV and AIDS and those at increased risk of HIV.
ACT does this through a variety of programs and services for women, young people and gay, bi, queer men including one-on-one counselling, psychosocial and social support groups, and harm reduction and outreach services, both online and in community. ACT produces sexual health information campaigns to help priority populations make informed choices about their sexual and mental health, and offers a one- of-a-kind employment services program for people living with HIV and 2SLGBTQ+ people on ODSP income supports. ACT serves all in the community who are living with or concerned about HIV, with 50% of people accessing services from BIPOC communities and other communities of colour.
WHY WORK WITH US?
Permanent employees are entitled to:
· Comprehensive group health and dental benefits from start date of employment
· Defined contribution pension plan after one year of employment
· Three weeks’ vacation in your first year of employment; four weeks’ vacation after one year
· Generous sick day allotment All staff have access to:
· Employee Assistance Program
· Training and development opportunities
· Opportunities to participate in various committees that allow for learning and collaboration across the organization
· Organizational commitment to work-life balance
· Opportunity to contribute meaningfully towards improving the sexual, mental and emotional health of people living with HIV and those at increased risk in our community
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are currently looking for a full-time Payroll and Accounting Administrator to join our team! JOB SUMMARY
Status: Permanent Full-time Salary: $60,000
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Payroll and Accounting Administrator provides accounting services and payroll administration to the organization. They perform financial duties including bank reconciliations, accounts receivable and accounts payable. They also assist the Director of Finance with the preparation of monthly reports and the annual audit.
Payroll and Benefits Administration
· Processes and verifies semi-monthly payroll through Ceridian/Power Pay.
· Works closely with the Manager of Human Resources to ensure all payroll changes are captured each pay period
· Prepares and processes journal entries for payroll and benefits.
· Reconciles group benefits and the employee pension monthly.
· Maintains employee payroll files.
· Remits all Payroll and Benefits on monthly basis, including union dues.
· Prepares and files government reconciliations reports, such as EHT and WSIB on an annual basis.
· Processes and verifies annual T4 and T4 summaries.
· Prepares and provides pension reports to FSCO as required.
· Maintains Softworks timesheets and hardcopies of employee timesheets.
· Prepares and enters the salary budget during the annual budget process.
· Completes Bank Reconciliations.
· Maintains the Agency’s Petty Cash.
· Reconciles all sub-leger balances to the GL on a monthly basis.
· Assists in the set-up of internal controls and the operation of the finance room at major ACT fundraising events.
· Assists in preparing for the audit and supplying information as requested.
· Assists the Director of Finance in the preparation of financial reports for funders and management.
· Prepares all AR invoices, including those for programs and rent of space, and enters all cash receipts, which will include cheques, credit cards and EFTs.
· Liaises with the Donor Relations Coordinator.
· Processes all AP invoices and prepares cheques and EFTs for payment.
· Deals with all customer and vendor inquires.
· In the absence of the Director of Finance, prepares financial statements for distribution to Directors and Managers.
Other / Administration
· Assists Fund Development in setting up proper cash controls at fundraising events.
· Attends all meetings called by management when scheduled during regular working hours.
· Participates on teams and internal/external committees as requested.
· Complies with ACT policies and procedures.
· Participates in orientation of new staff on finance and accounting procedures.
· Provides back up as appropriate when team members are away.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Finance or the Executive Director.
· At least 5 years’ experience with a high level of responsibility for accounting, payroll, financial
analysis, and reporting.
· At least 5 years’ experience administering payroll in a non-union and unionized workplace.
· Experience in administering pension and benefit plans is an asset.
· Post-secondary education in a recognized accounting/finance program working towards completion of a CPA designation is required.
· Enrolment in the National Payroll Institute and completion of the Payroll Compliance Practitioner level would be an asset.
· Expert knowledge of Ceridian and MS Great Plains Dynamics is required.
· Expert knowledge of payroll applications, issues and relevant legislation and demonstrated knowledge and experience in payroll and benefits administration.
· Advanced skills in Excel to prepare analytical reports and budgets.
· Knowledge of GAAP and CRA regulations as they relate to non-profit charities and fundraising activities.
· Conversant on federal and provincial tax laws with respect to HST.
· Experience in a charitable organization is essential.
· Attention to detail with ability to organize, set priorities and manage multiple priorities.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Committed to ongoing professional development.
· Excellent customer service skills with both internal staff and external stakeholders and/or contacts.
· People-orientated team player with a friendly and professional attitude.
· Meticulous with strong analytical skills for problem solving and identifying business process improvements.
· Understanding of issues related to HIV/AIDS a definite asset.
· Willingness to work within anti-racist and anti-oppressive frameworks and actively engage in ongoing learning about these frameworks
· Demonstrated commitment to the mission, vision, and guiding principles of ACT.
To apply for this opportunity please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to include the title of the role you are applying to, in the subject line. The deadline date to apply is June 30, 2022
ACT thanks all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected to participate in the recruitment process will be contacted.
*To ensure the health and safety of our employees against COVID-19, ACT has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy. Successful candidates must submit proof of their vaccination status on their first day of employment. ACT will provide accommodation for valid medical reasons pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code. *
ACTS COMMITMENT TO EQUITY AND ACCESSIBILITY
ACT is committed to employment equity and fair and accessible employment practices. ACT encourages people living with HIV/AIDS, visible members of the BIPOC community, people from the communities most affected by HIV/AIDS and persons with culturally diverse backgrounds to apply and self-identify. Accommodations will be provided for job applicants with disabilities, where needed and upon request, to support their participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. ACT is committed to and adheres to the principles of the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
To learn more about us, please visit our website at: www.actoronto.org-waldo(名字被抢注了...) 2022-6-10