The annual Rolia Gala is the only stage performance event being completely prepared by volunteers in Greater Toronto Area, or even in Ontario. Since early 2000's, Rolia Gala has become a major festival of the Chinese community, made possible by the contribution of so many enthusiastic people in the community through volunteering.
Presented by the non-profit organization of Rolia Cultural Association (RCA), the 2019 Rolia Gala will take place at Flato Markham Theatre for Performing Arts on Saturday, January 18, 2020, with afternoon and evening performances.
We are inviting you to join us! As a volunteer, you will:
- Practice your communication skills;
- Meet new friends;
- Contribute to a community event featuring contemperary and traditional Chinese arts!
Below is a list of different teams working together for the event:
- Production: conceives, develops and implements the artistic vision of the overall programme as well as each individual act.
- Stage management: works backstage, the stage crew is responsible for the arrangement of each set and microphones. They also make sure acts are performed as scheduled.
- Administration: Responsibilities include coordination, outreaching, fundraising, etc.
- Logistics: Provides support to all performers and other workers. A major task is to arrange meals.
- Box office: In charge of ticketing, both online and in person.
- Ushers: Work before and during performance times. They greet the audience, provide necessary help when needed.
- Make-up artists: Make performers up. Professional experience is needed.
- Technical designers: They design and implement lighting and sound.
- Graphic designers: Design posters, programme cover, and backdrop projection.
- Photo and video: take photos and video of all volunteers, including performers and workers, throughout the preparation, as well as the official performance.
We are expecting you to be:
- an enthusiastic and responsible team player;
- willing to communicate and meet new friends;
- available on the day of performance.
* RCA will present you a certificate of volunteering to recognize your work in the preparation and performance of the event.